Cyberpunk 2077, the ever evolving open-world RPG developed by CD PROJEKT RED, is set to receive a new update – version 2.1 – this December.
The latest update will introduce exciting gameplay elements that will enhance the player’s experience in the dystopian world of Night City. We’ll cover the details of the upcoming update, highlighting the new accessibility and QoL features and improvements that players can expect.
A City Wide Fully Functional NCART Metro System
One of the key additions in Update 2.1 is the introduction of a fully functional NCART metro system.
This new feature will provide players with a more relaxed mode of transportation, allowing them to explore the dangerous megalopolis of Night City while enjoying the stunning views along the way. The metro system will offer a convenient and immersive way to navigate the city, adding further depth to the already immersive world of Cyberpunk 2077.
Radioport – Extend Your Music Experience
Another feature coming with the update is Radioport, which allows players to enjoy the eclectic musical vibes of Cyberpunk 2077’s selection of radio stations beyond the confines of their chosen vehicle.
Whether players are taking a peaceful walk through the city center or engaging in other activities, they can now immerse themselves in a vibrant and diverse range of music. This feature adds another layer of immersion to the game, enhancing the overall player experience.
Hangouts with Cyberpunk 2077 Romantic Partners
Update 2.1 also introduces the opportunity for players to spend quality time with their in-game romantic partners. Players will now be able to invite their significant other to V’s apartment, where they can enjoy intimate moments and create deeper connections.
This feature adds a touch of realism and enhances the emotional depth of the game, allowing players to further engage with their characters and the relationships they have built throughout the game.
Additional Chases and Replayable Car Races
For fans of high-speed action and exhilarating car races, Update 2.1 brings a host of new challenges.
Players can now participate in additional chases and replay car races for further rewards and discounts on the Autofixer website, where they purchase cars. This addition adds more variety and excitement to the gameplay, giving players the chance to test their driving skills and race against other NPCs in the sprawling streets of Night City.
Boss Fight Improvements
Update 2.1 also includes improvements to boss fights, with a particular focus on the late-game Adam Smasher fight. The AI of Smasher has been enhanced, making the fight more challenging and engaging. Additionally, Smasher is now equipped with a Sandevistan, a device seen in the award-winning anime Cyberpunk: Edgerunners.
New Vehicles, Riding Mechanics, and Accessibility Features
In addition to the aforementioned features, Update 2.1 introduces new vehicles, upgraded motorcycle handling, and new riding mechanics. Players can indulge in the thrill of riding new motorcycles and experience improved handling, adding an extra layer of excitement to the game.
The update includes a range of accessibility features, such as a larger interface font and the ability to turn off the timer in the Breach Protocol minigame. These accessibility features allow a wider audience to fully enjoy and engage with the game, regardless of their individual needs.
Summary of All Cyberpunk 2077 Accessibility Features
A summary of all the Cyberpunk 2077 accessibility and QoL features includes:
- The colorblind modes available in the game are Protanopia, Deuteranopia, and Tritanopia.
- Subtitles can be enabled for cinematic, radio, and overhead dialogue.
- Players can adjust the text size and overhead text size for subtitles.
- Background opacity of cinematic subtitles can be adjusted for improved visibility.
- Aim assist settings are available for melee combat, vehicle combat, and ranged combat.
- Snap to Target can be toggled for aiming with firearms.
- Additive Camera Motions can be reduced to help players with motion sickness.
- Weapon Sway can be toggled to apply to the camera or the weapon’s position.
- Controller vibration level can be adjusted.
- Center of Screen Dot Overlay can be turned on to prevent motion sickness.
- Haptic feedback when interacting with the user interface can be toggled off.
- Update 2.1 will provide larger fonts in certain UI elements.
- The HUB menu and various UI categories will be adjusted for improved readability.
- The timer in the Breach Protocol hacking minigame will be removed.
- Larger HUD elements can be toggled for improved readability.
- The chromatic aberration effect in the HUD can be removed.
- Unnecessary decorative elements in the HUD can be hidden.
- The lens distortion effect in the HUD can be disabled.
- Cycling to arm cyberware can be enabled or disabled while cycling through equipped weapons.
- Adaptive triggers on the DualSense controller can be disabled, and the intensity can be adjusted.